I'll admit that I like the slogan. It's simple, to the point, and 'boob' is a palindrome.
Also, in the U.S. were such a slogan to appear in local malls, I expect that there would be a great big media stink about offensive 'sexist' advertising. That's because the American media loves to hype pseudo-controversies involving symbolic 'injustices' rather than tackling the real, material injustices promoted by our neoliberal economic policies. Sweden, in contrast, is one of the world's most egalitarian countries when it comes to gender issues (the wage gap between men and women is almost non-existent, men get paid paternity leave to care for young children, etc.). No wonder, then, that Swedes don't bother getting their panties in a bundle about, say, a lingerie campaign that dares to use speak a taboo word like [gasp] boobs.
Thanks to Ira for agreeing to pose for this photo (one in a series) in the local mall. I was a bit disappointed that she refused to go inside the store to where an entire wall was covered with the affirmative slogan, but you can't have it all. It being my birthday, she was humoring me. But Ira says that she likes boobs too.
No comments:
Post a Comment