
A confession, lest the detectives and PIs (photo investigators) expose this image as a fake: I shot today's Photo of the Day yesterday. This picture of the Uppsala Train Station was shot on Wednesday, January 18, 2006. Today I did not leave Gävle. In fact, I only briefly left the apartment. The reason I'm posting this pic is because I did not shoot a photo on January 19. I intended to. In fact, I took my camera with me in my backpack when I went to mail a letter and buy some milk. However, it was so cold (-10 centigrade or so) out that I decided I didn't want to bother taking my camera bag out of my backpack, let alone spend time look for something interesting to shoot outside. The rest of the day, before and after my brief excursion into the cold, was spent on the phone, net, and e-mail taking care of various pressing business matters and collecting and compiling research material for my dissertation. By the end of the day I was exhausted - from all the brisk cold-weather walking around the icy streets of Uppsala, I think - and the end of the evening was consumed with technology maintenance. I was erasing and reformatting my backup hard drive and reinstalling backup software on it. I'm still not certain it's working 100% properly. In any event, I simply forgot to shoot a photo. My apologies, then, to Jan 19, 2006 for failing to preserve a digital image of something during its 24-hour duration.
No comments:
Post a Comment